We have an immediate full-time career opening at our growing company for an experienced Lathe Operator.
This person will
- Set up, load and operate engine lathes to shape complex, small-run parts made from plastics and metal
- Interpret blueprints, manuals and other work instructions
- Take measurements of parts at setup and completion to determine correctness using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, dial calipers, depth gages, indicators and scales·
- Clean and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on machines, tooling and parts
- Communicate with supervisors, engineers, production control employees and other personnel for assignments, and to resolve machining or quality issues
- Understand and abide by industry and machine-specific safety standards
- Inspect cutting tools for sharpness and usability
- Clock on and off work order/jobs to ensure that the correct time is gathered against each job
CCT Precision is a Dallas/Fort Worth based machine shop specializing in tight-tolerance machining with a special niche in working with plastic materials other machine shops won’t touch. CCT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.