Our milling capabilities are cutting edge. Through our advanced machining techniques, we are able to maintain tolerances, create features and produce parts that even the material manufacturers deem impossible. By using high speed spindles capable of turning at 30,000 RPM, tightly controlled work envelopes and cutting edge work holding systems, CCT Precision can machine components ranging from the most simple part to the most intricate part on any of the 25+ machines in our facility.
Vertical Machining Center
- 27” x 15” x 13” Work Envelope
- Tolerances to +/- .00025” (0.006 mm)
- Hole Diameters to 0.003” (0.076 mm)
- Spindle Speeds to 30,000 RPM
Every grade of plastic behaves differently when machined.
What is frustrating or impossible for many machine shops, is easy sailing for us. Over the years and through our vast experience with plastics machining, we have developed proprietary processes for virtually every type of plastic that we handle.
We have equipped our facility with a very strictly monitored climate-controlled production area to combat changes in material due to thermal growth or specific hydroscopic characteristics. In addition, we employ coolant-free machining and the use of a centralized dust-collection system to ensure we maintain critical tolerances, produce stable parts and provide a contamination-free environment.
Benefits of plastic machining:
- Available in a variety of stock forms: rod, sheet, tube and disc
- Relatively impact resistant
- Lighter than metal
- Higher strength to weight ratio
- Modulus of elasticity
- Lower coefficient of friction
- Chemical resistant
- Electrical insulative
- Good for wear applications
While our long time focus has been the machining of plastic materials, we have recognized that our customer’s needs go beyond that niche.
Our decision to include the machining non-ferrous metals, such as Aluminum, Brass, Bronze and Copper to our services was brought about by our customers’ demand for very tightly controlled component parts to work alongside their existing plastic parts. Trusting in our ability to machine these components to the same level of quality that they had come to expect from our machined plastic parts, the request was granted.
Benefits of Metal Machining
- Structural stability
- Machineable external and internal geometrical features such as sharp corners, grooves and fillets
- Smooth surfaces possible
- Excellent electrical and thermal conductivity
- Holds tolerances to +/- .001 per inch based on material and process
- Used in electronics, aerospace, automotive and OEM